Ralph Nader sets the Record Straight, Rebuts U.S. Attorney who told 9th Circuit that Nader Tried to Get Other Presidential Candidates Off Ballot
Source: Ballot Access News
As noted at this blog on May 4, an Assistant United States Attorney, David A. DeJute, told the 9th circuit on May 2 that Ralph Nader had tried to disqualify other presidential candidates from the ballot in the past. On May 13, an attorney for Ralph Nader filed a letter with the Court, after sending it to Mr. DeJute, pointing out that the statement about Nader is false. Here is the letter. Thanks to Bill Van Allen for the link.
The statement had been made at oral argument in Drake v Obama et al, a case in which the American Independent Party’s presidential and vice-presidential candidates had sued the California Secretary of State for failing to investigate whether President Obama met the constitutional qualifications.
Click here to read Ballot Access News comments on this article